Thursday 14 January 2010

Selfishness

I have recently discovered how selfish i am! This upsets me, Here i am sat at home, moaning because i can't go to work, Moaning because I'm on my own and moaning because we have no chocolate in the house. But during a recen adventure to the kitchen to get a glass of Milk, My attention was drawn to the TV and my Mum was watching the News. The News was showing the devastation and aftermath of the earthquake in Haiti! Thousands of wrecked families and homes, cities torn apart and the death toll! I couldn't begin to imagine going through all that! and theres me, moaning because of silly petty things, when theres that happening in the world.

It made me realize how selfish i am! It got me thinking, of how i live for myself again!, this issue is a major battle im having in life at the minute, God is trying to make e realize that i have to stop living for me! And start living for others and Him! To be honest, i dont know why i fight it?, i know God, He wont give up on me and He wont just ignore the matter. I guess its down to me! i have to change, make the effort.

I don't know yet as to how God wants me to change, but if im honest im a little scared of what he might say or ask me to do! Even though i know it will be for the better, im worried. should i be?

No comments:

Post a Comment