Saturday 16 January 2010

Intelegent Ducks

ok Last night really got to me and i had to do something, id had a really crappy day, i felt alone and scared. and when i got home i was just going mental, but then i read a friends status, it said that she had just watched Anchorman!. and me being a true Anchorman fan i started to qoute from the film. and another friend also joined in till we reached about 70 comments. i know its simple and a bit childish, it made me happy! really happy!. it made me feel like a big kid! and maybe it was the feeling of being child like that made me happy, the innocence of a child with no worries or problems, like the ones i seem to hit every day. and whilst in a good mood id decided that a nice drive would be in order, it was about 1.30 this morning the roads were clear, so i went to my favorite place within reasonable distance, Trent Bridge, i go there if im feeling low and talk to the Ducks and Geese. Its like talking to someone with the same IQ. So after quite and long intelligent chat with a duck, i sat on the embankment steps and just watched the lights in the river. i started praying to myself and asking for help with my problems. and i started to think, 'maybe i should show God that im thankful for the things i have in life, rather than just keep asking for help' so i started a prayer of thanks for everything i could see!, the Moon, the Stars, the boats the people the birds, the boy racers that passed! and as soon as i stood up i felt like a wieght had lifted from my sholders and i could stand tall and proud knowing God was with me!. On he drive home i continued to pray for the things that i could see, (i do strongly advise that you pray with your eyes open whilst driving, (i learn't the hard way)).

i am so thankful for all that God has given me! Even though i may be down in the dumps, i know that he is still there by my side. i just need to make sure that im ready to let him help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment