Saturday 6 February 2010

for you're self?

I have just got back from a 9 hour worship stint, It was AMAZING,. A lady called Geraldine Latte led a worship workshop, about how to lead worship with music, She is an amazingly awesome person who has such a great deal of experience and knowledge to share with us. I can honestly say, that i have never thought about the way music can be used in a multitude of different worship situations. even in the worshop, we were still worshiping, it was truly immense.

there were loads of talented people there, from drummers, bassists, guitarists, singers, trumpeters.... the whole shebang, it was great to be surrounded by such talented people, but having spoke to many of them, i came to my attension that they were in worship groups for wrong reasons, for self achnolagement, to make them selves feel good. This really troubles me, as i play the drums, but a no point would i play for myself. God gave me the talent of being able to play the drums, so when ever i do play, i play for God, and give him my beats.

sometimes we make our talents more than they should be, we show off, or under use them, or even over use them and they get abused, but im a firm believer that God gave us these talents, so we should use these talents to praise him and worship him!!

'When the music fades and all is stripped away
And I simply come
Longing just to bring something that's of worth
That will bless Your heart

I'll bring You more than a song
For a song in itself
Is not what You have required
You search much deeper within
Through the way things appear
You're looking into my heart

I'm coming back to the heart of worship
And it's all about You
All about You, Jesus
I'm sorry, Lord, for the things I've made it
When it's all about You
All about You, Jesus

King of endless worth, no one could express
How much You deserve
Though I'm weak and poor, all I have is Yours
Every single breath'

No comments:

Post a Comment