Monday 22 March 2010

Turning my back

I can't take this anymore, Ever since my family stopped going to the Salvo, I'v kept on going, I took a few weeks away from it, but I missed everything about it, my friends, the atmosphere, the worship. I didn't feel right without it, is it weird? I've grown up in this church and I don't know any different. so I started to attend again.

But by going, I've been made to feel like I've betrayed my family in some way, and its really dragging me down, my parents seem to resent me for going, and question as to why I go?. its been really hard to show my face at church, without people getting on my back,

I may have made a really silly mistake but I've decided that I'm not going anymore just to please my family, I can't take the attitude against me any more, and if loosing something that means alot to me to make it go, then so be it!

Am I making the right choice? have I made a mistake? I know I'm not loosing any faith in God, but I'm loosing alot of other stuff. I'm going to miss the place, and the people, and I don't know how easy it will be to walk away.

this isn't something I've just decided to do, I've prayed about it for weeks, and still things seem unclear, I might be being impatient, but I'm thinking maybe taking action will make things clearer. I really hope so,

I'm really laying it out now, but I know God's got my back, like always and he will make his path clear when I'm ready.

1 comment:

  1. Chick I don't think that this is a matter of making the right or wrong choice.

    You've decided to support your family and that's what is important - God is big on the family apparently!

    Different phases of our lives move and change and human beings don't like change, which makes changes, especially something like this quite painful because it is a big change.

    I know how difficult it feels when you feel like you are betraying your parents and they are constantly questioning you about it in a way that convinces you that you are wrong, even though you aren't convinced you are. There isn't anything I've found that solves that unfortunately.

    Try not to look at it as losing something but rather that your life is moving forward and you will always have the memories and the impact that the Salvo made on your life. Your friends will still be your friends and it's always good to move away from familiar worship once in a while to see what else is out there!

    ReplyDelete