Saturday 16 July 2011

If Jesus is God, Was He perfect?

Can God feel pain?, If we sin does he hurt?

I spent this morning with a couple of people from church, looking at what it means to be a soldier within he Salvation Army. Looking at the Articals of war, Which You sing on becoming a Sinoior Soldier within the Salvo, I supose its like a Mission Statement, It lays out what we believe and how we should live our lives as a desciple of God in the Salvo. I signed the Articals of war 2 days after my 18th birthday. A great deal has changed in my life since then, So it was good to go through the 'AoW' and relate it to my lie now. Most of it sat very comfortably with me as they are values and ideals that I still Try to live by.

There was one Artical that did play with me slightly and got me thinking....

'We Believe That In The Person Of Jesus Christ The Devine And Human Natures Are United, So That He Is Truely And Properly God And Truely And Properly Man'

so, Jesus, is God! God is human! God is perfect, a perfect being. but being human must have meant that he felt pain? Emotion?

Jesus was a carpenter, and as someone pointed out this morning, all Carpenters have hit thier thumb with a hammer, and trust me, we have, and it hurts! ALOT! so did Jesus hit his thumb with a hammer? did he feel the pain? Did he feel the pain on the cross as he wept? Did he get head aches? did he become ill?

I'm loving the paths of though that I'm going along at the mo, Did My God feel my pain? The emotions that I've felt? the joy that I've shared. The more i think about it and talk about it the more I realise My God Is Human!

No comments:

Post a Comment