Saturday 28 August 2010

It must be the music?

Why do I seem to look for God in the wrong places?. I push him to the side when I feel I don't need him, when in reality I need him all the time. When things are looking up I get carried away, get too caught up in my own little world, a world where I dont need to count on him, But who am I kidding?, of course I need him, Things only go right, when he has his hand in them. I'm ashamed of my self, I really am. I can't remember the last time I sat down and prayed, or even said thank you to Him for the amazing things that are happening.

As many of you know I'm in a band, and in the last few weeks we havehad some amazing oppertunities thrown our way, we were able to enter a talent contest on sky 1, called 'must be the music'. It was a great opertunity for us, especialy as we only started the band last december. We were Invited to Audition in Manchester, so we packed our gear and headed to manchester in mike's 'Bat-mobile', it was a great day, we played one of our songs called 'i placed my heart in a sinking ship'. and we performed really well, well enough to be invited to a further interview,to talk about ourselves and the band.

The interview was great, We were able to talk about the band and our roots and our faith and how we put all these together, to write songs, play songs, and perform together. We were interegated about our faith and questioned about how we relflect God within the band, as a member of early to the vineyard, we don't play for our own satisfaction, we play for God, we give every moment of every song to God, and we pray that he will use us to share his love with others, we play to save.

some weeks later we recieved news that we had made it to the nex stage, To perform at the Hackney Empire, in fromt of three judges, Dizzee Rascal, Jamie Cullam, and some bird. We left Nottingham at 2.30 in the morning, having to be at the empire for 7.30. The drive Down was awesome, a great laugh, and then with a couple of train and a tube ride later we were stod outside a massive venue, nervouse and excited!. we couldn't wait to get in! after a wait around we were asked to sound check, and wow what a stage it was a massive drum kit, lights and curtains and wires everywhere!, sound check how ever didnt go too well, we couldn't hear each other and it was a bit disheartning, but back in theholding room we had a chance to calm down take it easy and have a few words with the big man upstairs. waiting to be called up. after what seemed like ages we werecalled up and taken on the walk of shame, in a maze of corridors and rooms, we went backstage, readyto go and rock for God.

We were sent onstage, and played our hearts out, and well done to Josh for scaring the bejesus out of dizzee rascal, after the song we were asked to face the judges, where they would tell us if they likes us and if we made it to the next stage. which we didn't. sadly. Dizzee asked Josh the message of the song, 'i placed my heart in a sinking ship' to which Josh replied, 'sometimes people place their hope in worldly things, but we blieve if you place your heart and hope in Gods hands, he will never let you down' to whichabout 15 people through out the crowd stood and applauded. wich for me mde it woth while, yea we didn't make it but some people saw God in us and supported us! it was an immense moment!

We made the center pages of the Sun newpaper the other week, 'a Christian band scare the bejesus out of Dizzee Rascal, and the following day we were shown on the show. it did't look to well, but i was still proud to have got that far, with three great guys, and eversince we have recieved so much loveand encouragement from random people, I'v even been spotted on the street. its amazing and I'm so thankfull to God for giving me this opertunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment